Thursday, June 09, 2016
- · U.S. Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy (RFK), with approval of U.S. President John F. Kennedy (JFK), authorizes FBI wiretap on Martin Luther King Jr. (MLK).
- · MLK leads Civil Rights movement March on Washington.
- · JFK assassinated.
- · Gulf of Tonkin incident leads to U.S. invasion of Vietnam.
- · Civil Rights Act passed by U.S. Congress.
- · MLK leads Selma to Montgomery march.
- · MLK opposes Vietnam War.
- · MLK assassinated.
- · Race riots erupt across America.
- · RFK assassinated.
- · Chicago police riot against war protestors at Democratic National Convention.