Monday, October 26, 2009

They Call Me Yossarian

They call me Yossarian because I'm caught in a Catch-22. Disabled but employable with accommodation is the official designation, but benefits are terminated if I fail to make three job applications a day, five days a week. Aside from the fact there are no jobs for someone who can only work two hours a day and cannot commute, I haven't the strength nor endurance to dance through this bureaucratic hoop for a day, let alone a week--week after week, year after year.

But that is what Catch-22 is designed for, to make the impossible mandatory, thereby ridding the system of those who are entitled without repealing entitlements. I am, however, entitled to a fair hearing with counsel.

They call me Yossarian.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?